Sunday, September 27, 2015

Purple and Teal Ombre

So this was a cool one that takes absolutely no skill and can really be done with any nail polish you already have.  My colors just happen to be purple and teal so that makes up the majority of my collection.
All the colors I used for this look (and in that order)



The key here is my personal favorite color of all time called "You're S'teal the One" from Nicole by O.P.I.  This color is super shiny and sparkly and it has tints of all 3 colors I wanted the hombre to have.  You can pick any colors to complete this effect but it works best when you have a single polish that ties them all together like this one does. 



Step 1

Paint your base color.  In my case this was teal.









Step 2

Paint the middle color just above the base of the nail.





Step 3

Paint the far color on the tip of the nail.
It should cover about half of the nail. 







Step 4

This is why that key color I mentioned is so crucial. Paint a single thin layer of the shiny color of your choice.  this mutes the transitions between the colors while still letting you see the changes.  Having a color that has all 3 tints really makes it pop in my opinion. 



Step 5

This isn't entirely crucial depending on the colors you pick but I wanted more purple.  I painted just the very tip with the purple and kind of smeared it downward a little to make it blend.





Step 6

Cover the whole thing with clear coat and Voila!





***UPDATE***

I mentioned in theory that this can be done with any colors and I have experimented as a demonstration.  Here we have Pink and Purple and Blue!



Same exact technique but different colors.  The key in this one is the purple on the far right that has both a pink shimmer and a blue undertone.  ALSO- on the far left is a new base coat I just got from Julep and so far I have been very impressed with how well the nail polish stays.  So far I recommend!




No comments:

Post a Comment